Notice: Undefined variable: html in /var/www/rocket/wp-content/plugins/qtime_plugin/template/VSwidget.php on line 7
When it comes to choosing the right e-commerce platform for your business there are a number of things to think about, not least of all is deciding whether to go down the open-source route or to pay the up-front fee and tie yourself in with any number of closed-source or ‘proprietary software’ e-commerce solutions.
Here at Creare we are big believers in using powerful Open-Source software for the development of our clients’ websites. There are 3 simple reasons for this:
- Cost Effective Development – As the software itself is free to download, there are no additional up-front purchase costs to transfer to our customers.
- Market Leading Software – Every open-source platform we choose to use at Creare is a market-leader and is constantly improving year on year – meaning no more stagnant out-of-date software.
- We Build It, You Own It – As we’re using open-source software, once we’ve built your website for you – it’s yours to keep.
Two of the biggest Open-Source E-commerce platforms out there are WooCommerce and Magento. There are a number of differences between these two platforms and it’s important that when making the decision to invest into an e-commerce website you are choosing the right platform for your business.
Luckily our team of experts here at Creare have created a handy tool to help make your decision a little bit easier:
Magento or WooCommerce?
Work your way through our simple questions below to figure out whether you should be using Magento or WooCommerce
- Q1. Tell us about your website
- Q2. How many products?
- Q3. How varied are your products?
- Q4. Are your products complicated?
Do you sell products in different sizes, colours or other variations?
- Q5. Need a complete business solution?
How much of your business' accounting and bookkeeping are you expecting to run through your website?
- Q6. Do you plan to take on the world?
- Q7. Integration with other platforms?
- Q8. Are you new to the web?
- Q9. How much do you intend to spend?
How much do you plan to invest short-term into your website?
Based on your answers we would recommend:Reset