Senior PHP Developer
- Department: Web
- GBP Salary: Dependent on experience
What we're looking for
Creare works within the digital marketing world as a company that is demystifying digital. ‘Our People Your Team’ is the trademark of our business and we have an exciting, unique role available within our creative team.
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer who wants to be a leader within the Industry and our business; someone who wants to be hands on whilst being an inspiration to others around them and a motivator of all things digital that has our customers interest at the forefront of everything they do.
This is a new role within our organisation and would appeal to someone who wants to step-up and help educate & encourage web developers to push their technical knowledge and ability. Part of the role will be working on client projects within our Web Department part of the role will be a solutions specialist offering advice and support to our sales team.
You will be working extremely closely with the Section Manager and Senior Management Team.
Senior Web Developers are experienced eCommerce / PHP developers who take pride in the delivery and support of web development solutions for SMEs.
As a Senior Web Developer you should be a specialist in several areas of product knowledge and delivery. You should be willing to learn and develop and enjoy keeping up with the latest trends and techniques relishing time to researching and developing. The role is key within the Web department. Web Developers should ensure each project is delivered to the highest standards and in accordance with Creare’s procedures, processes.
You should act as the ‘go to’ person and be comfortable with coaching and mentoring best practice across the business and are expected to lead by example in all aspects of their role. You are expected to encouraging the self-development as and when required. You are expected to offer a proactive approach to problem solving, offer technical advice to support increase in sales conversion and proactively communicate to all.
Commercially, the role demands support to our sales team by participating in technical meetings and offer solutions to our clients to future-proof the product they require. You will be expected to scope technical quotations and manage relevant stakeholders to ensure full understanding of their requirements and our fulfilment.
You are expected to place customers as the highest in the list of your priorities setting high standards of quality. Senior Web Developers will also be responsible for monitoring code quality throughout the department on an ongoing basis. Through a series of regular spot-checks; training and coaching will be identified to improve the overall skill of the web department. A Senior Web Developer will act as the owner for recording and delivering constructive feedback to Section Managers and their team members.
Finally, you will be a thought leader and lead team meetings across the business to our Web teams and our other technical specialist areas.
What you'll know
- Considered a specialist and expert in an areas of product knowledge
- Deliver own project work to highest standards following processes & time allocation
- Good communication between team members and departments
- Professional conduct
- Excellent commercial understanding
- Act as a consultant to provide the best web solution for our customers
- Ability to coach and train others appropriately, and share knowledge
- Works well in a team environment, takes a team attitude to delivery and success
- Contribute to department processes and standards
- Proactive approach to own workload and team workflow
- Thought Leadership
- Prepare and deliver technical quotations
- Support our commercial team with technical sales support
- Product development through research and development
Essential Technical skills:
- Development of Magento websites (Frontend & Backend), extensions and integrations in customer
- Experience of delivering customer products in WordPress (Frontend & Backend) with the ability to
- write plugins and provide integration to customer projects
- Experience of delivering WooCommerce (Frontend & Backend) projects
- Significant experience of modern PHP Frameworks
- Good experience of MySQL/Database from the development perspective
- Experience of managing and promoting the effective use of version control systems such as Git, and extensive experience of the development lifecycle / web workflows
- Confident to perform tasks related to Hosting / Servers / Cloudflare
- Expert understanding of XHTML and CSS3
- Ability to define, interpret and develop web solutions to written requirements and technical specifications
Benefits of working at Creare
- Minimum 25 days holiday (rising to 28) plus bank holidays
- Ability to buy additional holiday
- Free parking
- Opportunities to attend industry events
- Pension Scheme
- Christmas parties
- Charity fundraising activities
- Subsidised gym membership at Virgin Active