You can run and try to hide…but social media is EVERYWHERE! It’s almost hard to remember what we did with our spare time before check-ins, likes, tagging, tweeting, hashtags and +1’s.
Social media has singlehandedly changed how we communicate, interact and socialise. Initially only on a personal level, but you will now be hard pushed to find a marketing campaign without a social media strategy.
Everyone knows someone who is glued to Facebook, Twitter, & Google + on their mobile, tablet or laptop – an apocalypse could happen and they would still be updating their Facebook status. But how can generation social possibly help your business?
Here are a few statistics that may catch your attention…
- 135,000 new Twitter users signing up every day
- Every second 2 new users join Linked in
- 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions are influenced by social media
- 1 in 5 minutes online are spent on Facebook
- Google + is the second largest social platform after Facebook
How can having a social media campaign help your business?
- Build brand awareness
- Increase customer base
- Provide an insight into customer satisfaction
- Build relationships with your existing customer base
- Increase the visits to your website
- Further sales opportunities
- Opportunity to instantly provide offers/incentives
Social media is EVERYWHERE! Don’t shy away from it, but instead embrace “Generation Social” and use it to its full potential to help market your business!