We’re happy to announce the release of version 1.1 of CreareSEO for Magento. Based on the feedback we have received from the community we have implemented a few fixes and new features, all of which you can you can read about on our CreareSEO Extension official blog post.
Here’s the link to CreareSEO on Magento Connect.
We’ve released a major update to our CreareSEO extension that contains some bug fixes and also fantastic new features.
New Features in 1.1
- Added new Meta Robots NOINDEX option for search results and media gallery pages
- Force the Meta Title for homepage (disregarding automatic -suffix or -prefix)
- Next/Prev Meta elements on category pages (based on this article)
- New SEO Check – file extensions for categories should be removed
- New SEO Check – file extensions for products should be implemented
- New SEO Check – check for customisation of no-route page
- New SEO Check – implement new NOINDEX for search results
- New SEO Check – implement new NOINDEX for media gallery pages
Bug Fixes/Enhancements in 1.1
- Moved CreareSEO menu into System tab
- Rewritten our default meta data system to no longer rewrite the head.php block
- Rewritten our breadcrumbs template to no longer rewrite the breadcrumbs.php block
We’re really please to have been able to rewrite the way in which we perform our meta title/meta description fallback process. By moving all of this code into an observer we hope to resolve a lot of extension conflicts that exist between our own extension and other extensions that rewrite the Head.php block.
Those who are currently extending our Head.php from another module (due to previous conflict) please ensure that you revert this change as our head.php will no longer be available.
If you’re extending head.php, please revert this change as the rewrite is no longer available
We’re also working on a check for Google rich snippets on product pages. In the meantime we’ve added some advice on the SEO check page, ultimately with a link to Rob’s new blog post.
Finally, we’ve moved the main menu link into the System menu – we know how annoying it is when you’ve got so many menu items that it just looks a mess! You can now find us at System > Creare SEO.
CreareSEO Extension Support
We are no longer taking support requests via email or Magento Connect. Instead please use our new Help Desk which you can find at creare.co.uk/services/helpdeskultimate/customer – thanks AheadWorks!.
Simply register for an account and submit a ticket, we’ll aim to get back to you within 24 hours (working days) – but as this is a free extension we can’t guarantee fixes, especially for customised sites.